Saturday, April 4, 2015

Beginnings.

New, fresh, crisp, clean.

Free from yesterday's mistakes. Ready for today's dreams.

Beginning the blog that I always wanted.
Beginning my junior year of college while finishing my junior year of high school.
Beginning to drive with a new license.
Beginning the softball season of warm, buggy nights sitting on the bleachers, cheering.
Beginning new friendships.
Beginning preparation to teach choir again next fall.
Beginning my favorite season of spring.
Beginning to see each piece of God's plan falling into place.

There are a lot of beginnings in my life right now. Sometimes I talk about them; other times I feel the need to write them down, to see them in front of me in neat black lines. That's what I hope this blog will be.

But this blog isn't just for me. I hope it can be for you, too. I'm (definitely!) not a perfect person, and I don't expect my words to be either. But just like the namesake of this blog, I hope that I will continue to "tune my heart" to sing His grace. And in that process, I pray that my rambling thoughts might just be an encouragement to you. I believe that God gives each of us a voice, and I hope that mine will have a chance to be heard; a chance to make a small difference in this crazy world.

Maybe I'll make you think. Hopefully, I'll make you laugh. I'll try not to make you cry.  :)

For today, I'll leave you with the words of a beloved hymn.

"Come thou fount of every blessing, tune my heart to sing Thy Grace.
Streams of mercy, never ceasing, call for songs of loudest praise.
Teach me some melodious sonnet, sung by flaming tongues above.
Praise the name! I'm fixed upon it, name of Thy redeeming love."

~ Riley

No comments:

Post a Comment